Location: Italy - Tortona (AL)
Sales & Business Development – Bid Management
Purpose of the position, responsibilities and main tasks
The main task of the BID Manager is to act as coordinator in the preparation of the offer for participation in public and private BID, national and foreign, combining multidisciplinary teams effectively and efficiently.
In collaboration with the Centers of Competence (CdC) he/she will take care of the preparation of technical / commercial offers in compliance with the relative times and budgets with the expected quality level.
- He coordinates the phases for the management of a Bid (offer or proposal) respecting the times and methods in full respect of the assigned budget, with a direct co-responsibility on the implementation of the offer strategy;
- He examines the tender documents studied in collaboration with other company figures, for the preparation of the necessary documentation;
- He adequately and appropriately uses processes, methods, techniques and Bid Management tools;
- In collaboration with the Sales and delivery functions, he ensures the competitiveness of the offers that are generated;
- He ensures the completeness, quality and conformity of the offer in line with the Customer’s requests and company policies;
- He supports the Legal and Administration functions in analyzing the contractual and financial aspects of the offer;
- He prepares the commercial offer by consolidating the contributions coming from the internal CdC or from external third parties;
- He supports the Sales function, in the negotiation phase with the Customer and directs any technical-commercial clarification meetings;
- He coordinates the Internal Teams and contributions to the offer from partners and / or external parties;
- In collaboration with the CdC he ensures an adequate handover to the project team in case of acquisition of the contract.
Specific requirements for the position
- Experience, of at least 5 years, in the management of highly complex offers, in coordination with all company functions, with different disciplines involved (multidisciplinary offers) and in national and international contexts;
- Good knowledge of the main regulations / guidelines referring to public tenders;
- Good skills in building complex cost models;
- Degree in Engineering (electronics, telecommunications or IT preferred);
- Experience already gained in the role of Bid Management;
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written), to work daily in contexts and with international interlocutors;
- Advanced use of IT tools (Microsoft Office applications);
- Excellent communication skills.
Transversal characteristics and skills
- Planning skills;
- Group work orientation;
- Internal customer orientation;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent stress management skills;
- Ability to work in international and multi-cultural contexts;
- Reliability, respect for rules, ethic.
It is preferential requirement to have held an equivalent role in technology companies specialized in providing solutions for the management of transport infrastructures and roads (Urbane and Extraurbane).
Availability to national and international travels is required.