Location: Tortona (AL) / Milan / Villanova d'Asti (AT)
Head of Traffic Management Area, ITS Competence Center
Competence Center ITS
Head of ITS Competence Center
Purpose of the position, responsibilities and main tasks
The resource is responsible for the Traffic Management area within the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) competence center, where products and solutions for traffic management of highways are implemented with our Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS).
Our products and solutions support the management of the traffic for 14 road operators and are based on the most advanced ITS technologies for tracking, correlation and management of road events, video surveillance, variable message signs, roadside assistance, exceptional transport, winter operations, road works planning, dangerous goods tracking and tunnel management (Dlgs 264/06).
We are therefore investing to make our solutions “SMART-ROAD READY”, able to manage and exploit in the best possible way the progressive digitalization of the road networks by enabling the integration of platforms for the management of C-ITS and V2X, introducing adaptive decision support systems based on real-time analysis of context conditions (traffic levels, events, weather conditions, road works) and adopting machine-learning algorithms to predict traffic conditions by combining historical data and real-time contextual analysis.
The ideal candidate develops and manages the Traffic Management product portfolio, proposing and implementing the relative market positioning, identifying the value proposition and competitive differentiation elements.
Maintains technical control and intelligence of the sector, in terms of technological trends, competitors, potential partners and suppliers, business requirements.
Proposes the area budget and defines the development roadmap based on business priorities.
Satisfies requests from internal customers, such as the Bid Management Office – during the preparation of technical bids to tenders, and the Operations Division – during the commissioning phase for national and international customers, taking care of: Acceptance, Configuration, Start-up and maintenance support activities.
Manages the Traffic team in all activities and coordinates the product development roadmap, verifying that technical decisions and software development is carried out according to the requirements, both for daily operations and for the preparation of new projects to achieve the objectives of the organization;
Ensures the quality of the technical solution for the area of responsibility, both in the bidding and implementation phases;
Supports Sales & Business Development in order to provide the expertise and resources to implement the solutions and products included in RFP/RFI, writing technical bids in Italian and English;
Daily activities include meetings with customers for identification and analysis of requirements, definition of system design, planning and control of development roadmap, writing reports and technical documentation, participation in scrum meetings, technical support and verification of test and release management activities.
Works with the internal development team, external partners and external software development teams.
Supports the Head of ITS Competences Center for the preparation of the area budget and periodically verifies any deviations from the planned budget.
Qualifications, prerequisites and experience
- Previous managerial and technical experience as Product Owner in managing a team in a similar context
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of English (minimum level required C1).
- Another language between Spanish and Portuguese is a plus.
Characteristics and technical skills
- Knowledge of the ITS market and previous experience with Traffic Management and Operations;
- Knowledge of Product Line Management;
- Experience in software development flow management and requirements analysis in Agile environment;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority;
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team;
- Excellent logic, analytical and synthesis skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of application architectures, networking and operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Advanced knowledge of Office package, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Nice to have: Prior experience or certification in Project Management.
It is a preferential requirement to have gained significant experience in a similar job also in foreign companies or at foreign offices.
We are the technology company of ASTM Group, the 2nd toll motorway operator in the world with a network of 5.5000 Km and a global player in the engineering and construction of major infrastructural projects.
Our people work on solutions that improve people’s work and lives every day.
We offer space for creating innovative solutions within a professional team.
Start date: as soon as possible
Full-time position, permanent contract
SINELEC, Creative Technology for the Mobility of Tomorrow
Place of work: Tortona (AL) / Milan / Villanova d’Asti (AT) – availability for national and international travel is required.