Location: Tortona (AL) / Milano / Villanova d'Asti (AT)
Head of Safety Area, ITS Competence Center
Competence Center ITS
Head of ITS Competence Center
Purpose of the position, responsibilities and main tasks
The resource is responsible for the Safety area within the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) competence center, where solutions for safety management of highways are implemented with dynamic vehicle weighing systems (Weigh In Motion), average and punctual speed enforcement and structural health monitoring of infrastructures.
Manages the Safety product portfolio, proposing and implementing the relative market positioning, identifying the value proposition and competitive differentiation elements.
Maintains technical control and intelligence of the sector, in terms of technological trends, competitors, potential partners and suppliers, business requirements.
Proposes the area budget and defines the development roadmap based on business priorities.
Satisfies requests from internal customers, such as the Bid Management Office – during the preparation of technical bids to tenders, and the Operations Division – during the commissioning phase for national and international customers, taking care of: Acceptance, Configuration, Start-up and maintenance support activities.
Manages the Safety team in all activities and coordinates the product development roadmap, verifying that the work is carried out according to the requirements, both for daily operations and for the preparation of new projects to achieve the objectives of the organization;
Ensures the quality of the technical solution for the area of responsibility, both in the bidding and implementation phases;
Supports Sales & Business Development in order to provide the expertise and resources to implement the solutions and products included in RFP/RFI, writing technical bids in Italian and English;
Daily activities include identification and analysis of requirements, definition of system design, planning and control of development roadmap, writing reports and technical documentation, participation in tuning and commissioning phase, technical support and verification of test and release management activities.
Prepares the area budget and periodically verifies any deviations from the planned budget.
Qualifications, prerequisites and experience
- Previous managerial and technical experience in managing a team in a similar context
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of English (minimum level required C1).
- Another language between Spanish and Portuguese is a plus.
Characteristics and technical skills
- Knowledge of existing and upcoming technologies and how they can be applied to the business (WiM systems with piezoelectric or fiber optic sensors, dataloggers, IoT sensors and data acquisition, IP networking, wireless, Machine vision/image processing, LiDAR and Radar), how they are integrated and operational scenarios;
- Excellent logic, analytical and synthesis skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of electrical and electronic systems;
- Good knowledge of application architectures, networking and operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Advanced knowledge of Office package, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience in software development flow management and requirements analysis;
- Prior experience or certification in Project Management;
- Nice to have: experience in Traffic, System Engineer, WiM or SHM, Electronic R&D, Automotive or Biomedical.
It is a preferential requirement to have gained significant experience in a similar job also in foreign companies or at foreign offices.
We are the technology company of ASTM Group, the 2nd toll motorway operator in the world and a global player in the engineering and construction of major infrastructural projects.
Working on solutions that improve people’s work and lives every day
Space for creating innovative solutions within a professional team
Start date: as soon as possible
Full-time position, permanent contract
SINELEC, Creative Technology for the Mobility of Tomorrow
Place of work: Tortona (AL)/Milano/Villanova d’Asti (AT) – availability for national and international travel is required.