Location: New York Area
In a moment of technological revolution where everything is connected and integrated, SINELEC – Gavio Group, represents an international key player leader in ETC (Electronic Tolling Collection) and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) market, actively involved in the digitalization process of the mobility ecosystem. To reach this objective Sinelec develops advanced innovative solutions for Transportation Industry in the fields of Traffic Management, Tolling, Safety and Infrastructure Monitoring.
Gavio Group started a strategic business development plan in USA which already found the first evidence through the acquisition of the 50% of Halmar International, New York based EPC company, and will continue through investments in concessions, including Private Public Partnership.
Since technology is becoming more and more a competitive differentiator to be successful in the field of transportation infrastructure construction and management, Gavio Group decided to open a SINELEC subsidiary in USA.
We are now looking for an experienced System Engineer in NY area to lead the Engineering Department of SINELEC USA. He/she will be constantly in contact with the Italian Headquarters to increase the success in delivering innovative products, services and engineering activities in the United States, leveraging the technical experience and expertise developed by the corporate in the last two decades.
In this role he/she will be responsible to drive the localization of headquarter portfolio, support Sales & Business development activities and lead the Engineering team during proposal preparation and project execution.
Portfolio and business development
- Contribute to develop the north American strategic business plan sharing with the Italian headquarter the technological trends, industry needs and business opportunities.
- Perform Market Competition Analysis and identify new possible technological partners.
- Understand and manage regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific factors.
- Manage relationships with Italian headquarters, executive management and other internal stakeholders as well as with customers, partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other external stakeholders to deliver successful projects.
- Attends marketing event, collaborating at marketing collateral preparation and making public speeches.
- Work with local and corporate team, to qualify bids and develop proposal.
- Lead solution design of ITS system architecture.
- Prepare technical annex and contribute to finalize contracts and other sales-related documents required by customer for products, solutions and services.
- Supervises work prepared by junior professional staff and technicians
- Validate cost estimation and contribute to the economic feasibility of the initiative.
- Drive technical RFI/RFP process vs third parties in expedite manner and with highest quality.
- Lead project teams and direct Subject Matter Experts, support functions, and third party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets.
What we would like you to have
- E. License in any of the 50 states.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering/Transportation Engineering/Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- PMI certification (or similar) documenting experience in project management.
- 7-10 years successful experience in the ETC/ITS industry.
- ~30% travel.