Location: Italy - Tortona/Milano/Villanova d'Asti
ITS Solutions and Systems Engineer
Competence Center ITS
Competence Center ITS Manager
Purpose of the position
Within the ITS Competence Center, the ITS Solution and System Engineer partners with the Product Managers and with the Solution Architect in the implementation, commissioning, maintenance/maintenance of the solutions/and products developed by Sinelec.
He/she satisfies the requests of internal clients, such as Bid Management Office – during the preparation of technical responses to tenders, Sales department – in the presale phase, and meets the requests of Project Management Office and After Sales – during the commissioning phases for national and international clients, taking care of: Acceptance, Configuration and Start-up and maintenance support activities.
- Understands the business context, collects, analyzes the technical / functional requirements and draws up the documentation that it shared and discussed with the Solution Architect;
- Supports the Solution Architect in defining the technological solution by describing the architecture and the data flows;
- Supports the Solution Architect in drafting the technical specifications, in defining the methods for integrating the solutions with the customer’s IT platforms (main integrations via API, SOAP and REST services);
- Identifies the possible products and technologies available on market, evaluating them according to the agreed criteria (e.g. availability, reliability, cost, etc.);
- Checks the conformity of the proposed products in terms of project specifications, compliance with national and international standards and regulations, quality and Customer Satisfaction;
- Draws up the technical documentation relating to the solution during the design and delivery phase;
- He/she is the technical interface with suppliers of HW and SW components during the design, construction phases; analyzes supplier offers, aligns offers, providing technical approval; guarantees the alignment of what is provided with the project needs;
- Participates to the Delivery phase – Installation, Configuration, Start-up and UAT (User Acceptance Test) – of the solutions developed by Sinelec;
- Participates to the drafting of offers, focusing on the drafting of the technical component;
- Collaborates in the training of post-sales staff;
- He/she is involved in pre-sales activities such as POC preparation, product presentations;
- Participates to events, conferences and fairs (national and international) and takes part in professional associations or groups.
Specific requirements and Technical Skills
- Experience of at least 5 years in the configuration and start-up of technological SW systems and technical order management;
- Degree in technical disciplines (computer science, telecommunications or preferable electronics);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (minimum level B2 required);
- Experience in software development flow management and requirements analysis;
- Knowledge of software and scripting languages such as Angular, DOTNET, Python, Ansible, Powershell and Batch;
- Experience in using database systems (Microsoft SQL, Postgresql, Oracle, MongoDB …);
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Expertise in the use of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google, …) and container-based platforms (Docker, …);
- Ability to use automation softwares for testing activities (Selenium, …) and for monitoring software solutions (Nagios, …);
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration procedures, Continuos Delivery pipelines and Version control systems for software solutions;
- Ability to work with different software architectures (ESB, Microservices, Application Servers);
- Basic knowledge of main communication protocols and data formats (e.g. TCP, DATEX, SOAP, XML, TMC protocols);
- High-level analysis skills of network, system hardware, software and architectural problems;
- Knowledge of main testing techniques of SW components;
- Good knowledge of main regulations and technical language;
- Advanced use of IT tools (Microsoft Office).
Other specific skills (optional)
- Experience in Network Administration (Load Balancers, VPN servers, etc);
- GIS applications: arcIMS, ArcMap 9.1, MapObjects, mapserver, OpenLayers.
Soft Skills required
- Experience in international working contexts;
- Problem-solving and team working skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong consultancy orientation for internal and external clients;
- Solid skills in time management and project methods;
- Project planning skills.
A significant experience in a similar role in an international company is a plus.
Availability for national and international medium / long business trips is required.