Location: Tortona (AL) / Milano / Villanova d'Asti (AT)
Junior Delivery Engineer
Competence Center ITS/Connected Mobility
Head of Connected Mobility
Purpose of the position, responsibilities and main tasks
We are looking for recent graduates in engineering or scientific degrees to join the “Connected Mobility” team, responsible for the implementation of the most innovative solutions for connected mobility and communication between vehicles and infrastructure (V2X).
The selected profile, after a training course, may evolve towards the role of Functional Analyst or Delivery Engineer.
The Delivery Engineer is responsible for performing all activities to automate software applications in the test and delivery phases for Sinelec’s C-ITS/V2X solutions.
Is responsible for working closely with the design and development team to fully understand the architecture and flowcharts of the solution and be involved in standardizing/automating the software installation and configuration processes for testing environments and/or at customer sites.
Plays a key role in defining improvements to be made on the solution in terms of maintainability and configuration, design of troubleshooting procedures.
The role requires the ability to investigate and resolve technical issues related to software solutions.
- Implements platforms that promote DevOps best practices;
- Automates all processes related to software application deployment;
- Contributes to the design and implementation of software solution testing;
- Studies available technologies to improve solution release and delivery activities;
- Analyzes technical specifications related to developments in order to have a thorough understanding of solutions;
- Contributes to the improvement of technical documentation;
- Interfaces with the Operation division in the delivery phase of software solutions by participating in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test).
Qualifications, prerequisites and experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of English language (minimum level required B2);
- Preferable, but not mandatory, experience gained in in the main topics related to DevOps activities.
Characteristics and technical skills
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Knowledge of Database systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, InfluXDB…);
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes / Swarm;
- Knowledge of Message Brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka);
- Proficiency in the use of Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, Google, …);
- Preferable, but not mandatory, experience in Network Administration (Load Balancers, VPN servers, etc);
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration procedures, Continuous Delivery pipelines and Versioning Control Systems of software solutions;
- Skills in working with different software architectures (ESB, Microservices, Application Servers…)
- Organizational and relational skills, ability to work in a team, flexibility and spirit of initiative;
- Knowledge of software development organization tools with preference for Azure DevOps.
We are the technology company of ASTM Group, the 2nd toll motorway operator in the world and a global player in the engineering and construction of major infrastructural projects.
Working on solutions that improve people’s work and lives every day
Space for creating innovative solutions within a professional team
Start date: as soon as possible
Full-time position, permanent contract
SINELEC, Creative Technology for the Mobility of Tomorrow
Place of work: Tortona (AL)/Milano/Villanova d’Asti (AT) – availability for national and international travel is required.