Sinelec is the technology company of the ASTM Group, the second largest operator of toll motorway networks in the world and a leading global player in the design and construction of major infrastructure works.
Using its extensive experience in the power of digital innovation, Sinelec develops advanced technology for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) systems and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for optimised and safe traffic and transport infrastructure management.
Specialising in the development, implementation and maintenance of cutting-edge solutions for safe and smart traffic management, the company helps motorway operators to confront the challenges of the increasingly sustainable and interconnected mobility of the future.
Open position: Network Manager
Location: Tortona (AL)
Ability to perform activities in the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of ICT Network infrastructures ensuring compliance with architectural and security standards, performing monitoring and ensuring full availability is required.
The resource must be able to collaborate continuously and constructively with the team, able to interface with various customers for mainly technical needs.
- Work with management and department heads to assess short and long term network capacity and budget needs.
- Create and maintain network configuration and mapping documentation.
- Promote continuous improvement, technical innovation, and efficiency of infrastructure operations through automation and orchestration;
- Design and deploy enterprise LANs and WANs, including routers, switches, wireless technologies, load balancers, UPS, and other hardware.
- Oversee upgrades of new and existing equipment, hardware and software.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation to achieve business goals and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephone equipment.
- Perform network resource management, including maintaining network component inventory and related documentation and technical specification information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Identify, develop, and document operational processes and procedures and assist in implementation of runbooks where gaps exist.
- Participate in the management of all network security solutions.
- A minimum of 5. years IT experience in a medium to large enterprise (OS, network operations and monitoring);
- At least 4 years of experience in network administration;
- Thorough knowledge of network protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Solid experience in managing and configuring CISCO, HP, Aruba devices
- Knowledge of F5 Networks load balancing systems
- Experience managing business operations and infrastructure support (Layer 1-3 support);
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools, network diagnostics, and network analysis.
- Experience in creating KPIs/Metrics, OLA agreements and SLAs is a major plus;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of systems management;
- Strong verbal/written communication in English, with ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of responsibility and authority;
- Availability for short transfers in Italian territory.
Also required are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a relevant field, or equivalent vocational certificates and work experience that is relevant and current
- Certification in Cisco and Checkpoint solutions (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CCSE, …) is an asset
- Ability to act with operational autonomy and spirit of initiative.
- Ability to work in a team (team working).
- Propensity to work for objectives and tenacity in achieving them.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems (problem solving).
- Orientation to the improvement of products and services.
- Management of priorities.
- Adaptability to context, people, environments.
- Reliability, respect for rules, ethics.