Sinelec is the technology company of the ASTM Group, the second largest operator of toll motorway networks in the world and a leading global player in the design and construction of major infrastructure works.
Using its extensive experience in the power of digital innovation, Sinelec develops advanced technology for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) systems and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for optimised and safe traffic and transport infrastructure management.
Specialising in the development, implementation and maintenance of cutting-edge solutions for safe and smart traffic management, the company helps motorway operators to confront the challenges of the increasingly sustainable and interconnected mobility of the future.
Open position: System Administrator
Location: Tortona (AL)
The position requires a systems engineer capable of performing activities of installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of ICT infrastructures operating on server, storage components ensuring compliance with architectural standards, security, performing monitoring and ensuring full availability.
The resource should be able to collaborate continuously and constructively with the team, able to interface with various customers for mainly technical needs.
- Implement, manage and maintain server systems, SAN and NAS storage and virtualization solutions deployed at enterprise data centers or on cloud architectures ensuring high availability and appropriate performance levels.
- Install, manage and maintain hypervisors, Microsoft and Linux Enterprise Server operating systems, storage and SAN and NAS infrastructures.
- Conduct Level II troubleshooting activities on both hardware and software infrastructure components.
- Maintain systems security, manage platforms protecting endpoints and servers, manage software solutions protecting messaging platforms, apply patches and updates to systems under management.
- Manage and configure infrastructure services such as ActiveDirectory, ADconnect, DHCP, DNS WebServer, Reverseproxy, Loadbalancer, and filetransfer systems.
- Perform daily monitoring of systems, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, and supporting systems and processes
- Manage and maintain backup infrastructure, develop procedures, programs, and documentation for recovery of systems and infrastructure components
- Run periodic performance reports to support capacity planning and perform performance tuning on infrastructure components resource optimization as needed.
- Technical expertise on administration of Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Expertise on managing infrastructures based on VMware hypervisors
- Expertise on managing block and file storage infrastructures and VSAN-based hyperconverged infrastructures
- Expertise on managing network infrastructure based on software defined solutions (NSX-T)
- Knowledge of enterprise backup and recovery procedures preferably using Commvault, Veeam technology
- Knowledge of system performance monitoring and analysis tools
- Knowledge of scripting languages in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex IT system design activities and implement systems consistent with corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- Excellent customer and partner relationship skills.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written), to work daily in international contexts and with international stakeholders
- Availability for short transfers in Italian territory.
Also required are:
- Ability to act with operational autonomy and spirit of initiative.
- Ability to work in a team (team working).
- Propensity to work for objectives and tenacity in achieving them.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems (problem solving).
- Orientation to the improvement of products and services.
- Management of priorities.
- Adaptability to context, people, environments.
- Reliability, respect for rules, ethics.