Sinelec is the technology company of the ASTM Group, the second largest operator of toll motorway networks in the world and a leading global player in the design and construction of major infrastructure works.
Using its extensive experience in the power of digital innovation, Sinelec develops advanced technology for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) systems and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for optimised and safe traffic and transport infrastructure management.
Specialising in the development, implementation and maintenance of cutting-edge solutions for safe and smart traffic management, the company helps motorway operators to confront the challenges of the increasingly sustainable and interconnected mobility of the future.
Open position: System Engineer area Safety
- The resource is responsible for design and steer the development of solutions for safety of motorways, SHM and WIM;
- Defining the roadside technologies, sensors, devices and participates in the design of the architecture and the definition of the high-level software specifications;
- Participating in the tuning and commissioning phase, providing technical support and verification of testing and release management activities;
- Satisfing the requests of internal clients, such as Bid Management Office – during the preparation of technical responses to tenders, and meets the requests of Operations Department – during the commissioning phases for national and international clients, taking care of: Acceptance, Configuration and Start-up and maintenance support activities;
- Participating at the definition of field technologies, sensors, devices and is involved in the design of the architecture and in the definition of the high-level software specifications of the solution;
- Working at the definition of the development roadmap according to business priorities;
- Knowledge of the market for technology scouting and competitive analysis.
- Degree in discipline STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (minimum level B2 required). Another language between Spanish and Portuguese is a plus;
- Technical knowledge of the main technologies and sub-systems used to implement ITS systems (IoT sensors and data management, IP networking, wireless, Machine vision/image processing, LiDAR and Radar), how they are integrated and the operational scenarios;
- Good knowledge of electrical and electronic systems;
- Excellent logical, analysis and synthesis skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Advanced knowledge of application architectures, networking and operating systems;
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational DB query languages;
- Advanced knowledge of the Office package, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project;
- Experience in software development flow management and requirements analysis;
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Experience or certification in Project Management;
- Nice to have: experience in Traffic, vibration analysis, electronic R&D, automotive or biomedical.
Other skills required:
- Availability for national and international travel is required;
- Capacity to collaborate and integrate as part of cross functional team multidisciplinary teams;
- Capacity to interface and management internal customers and the other corporate entities of the Group;
- Excellent Capacity of problem solving.
This job post is addressed to candidates of both genders, in compliance with Italian Laws 903/1977 and 125/91, and to candidates of all ages and nationalities, in compliance with legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.