Location: Italy - Tortona (AL) | Milano | Villanova d'Asti
System Engineer Safety Area
ITS Competence Center
Head of ITS Competence Center
Purpose of the position, responsibilities and main tasks
The resource is responsible for design and steer the development of solutions for safety of motorways such as Weigh in Motion and Structural Health Monitoring of bridges and viaducts. He/she defines road side technologies, sensors, devices and participates in the design of the architecture and the definition of the high-level software specifications.
He/she proposes the budget for the area and defines the development roadmap according to business priorities.
He/she satisfies the requests of internal clients, such as Bid Management Office – during the preparation of technical responses to tenders, Sales department – in the presale phase, and meets the requests of Project Management Office and After Sales – during the commissioning phases for national and international clients, taking care of: Acceptance, Configuration and Start-up and maintenance support activities.
He/she knows the market for technology scouting and competitive analysis.
Daily activities are, but not limited to: identification and analysis of requirements, definition of system design, planning and control of the development roadmap, drafting of reports and technical documentation, participation in the tuning and commissioning phase, technical support and verification of testing and release management activities.
Periodic reports of deviations from the budget.
Qualifications, prerequisites and experience
- Experience of at least 5 years as System Engineer;
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (minimum level B2 required). Another language between Spanish and Portuguese is a plus.
Characteristics and technical skills
- Technical knowledge of the main technologies and sub-systems used to implement ITS systems (IP networking, wireless, GSM/GPS, DSRC, IP CCTV camera, Machine vision/image processing, LiDAR and Radar), how they are integrated and the operational scenarios;
- Good knowledge of electrical and electronic systems;
- Excellent logical, analysis and synthesis skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Advanced knowledge of application architectures, networking and operating systems;
- Advanced knowledge of the Office package, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project;
- Experience in software development flow management and requirements analysis;
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Experience or certification in Project Management.
Nice to have: experience in Traffic, electronic R&D, automotive or biomedical.
It is a preferential requirement to have gained significant experience in a similar job also in foreign companies or at foreign offices.
Availability for national and international business trips is required.